Halloween Horror Nights 2 – Final Night

2020 HHN10th Anniversary Museum of Horror Nights hero white

This article is currently under refurbishment.

As part of MUSEUM of HORROR NIGHTS in the HORROR NIGHTS 10th Anniversary MEGAMIX project, this article is currently under refurbishment. Check back again from October 2020 onwards.
Halloween Horror Nights 9 (2019)
HHN9 REVEALED: Ticket and Event Guide

Halloween Horror Nights 9 MEGA REVIEW
SURVIVAL GUIDE for Halloween Horror Nights 9
HHN9 RIP Experience (VIP Tour)

Features on Haunted Houses, Scare Zones and Experiences
The Chalet Hauntings Revisited | Spirit Dolls | Hell Block 9
Curse of The Naga Revisited | Twisted Clown University
Dead End | Death Fest + Death Fest LIVE
2019 Opening Scaremony (The Undertaker)

SNEAK PREVIEW: Curse of The Naga | The Chalet Hauntings | Behind The Scenes of HHN9
HHN9 Construction Updates (BEFORE DARK)
Part 1 | Part 2 (with Daytime Halloween event) | Part 3 (Horror Truck) | Part 4

Universal Studios Japan (USJ) 2019
Universal Surprise Halloween/ Halloween Horror Nights 2019 Event Guide

Halloween Horror Nights – The Archives
Click to Expand and see all posts from past Halloween Horror Nights

Halloween Horror Nights 8 (2018)

Universal Studios Japan (USJ) 2018
Universal Surprise Halloween/ Halloween Horror Nights 2018 Event Guide | 2018 HHN Japan Review

Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Japan (2017)

Halloween Horror Nights 7 (2017)

Halloween Horror Nights 6 (2016)

Halloween Horror Nights 5 (2015)

Halloween Horror Nights 4

Halloween Horror Nights 3

Halloween Horror Nights 2

Halloween Horror Nights

Subscribe to dejiki.com or Like my Facebook page for notifications of updates:

, , , , , , ,

7 Responses to Halloween Horror Nights 2 – Final Night

1. Marcus October 31, 2012 at 11:55 am #

Here’s my rundown (on the Friday night that I went, which was the 2nd Friday)…
    Dungeon:
    We didn’t get out quick enough after our dinner at KT Grill to go through the normal line for the Dungeon haunted house, but we got through with the express pass pretty easy. Went through this one twice because some in the group missed out on the first time and I had an extra express pass. Funnily enough the second time around was scarier due to the fact I used the strategy of delaying the line and being the one in the front. Freakiest rooms? Hand and maggot corridors and the scares in the room with the long tongue girl was awesome.
    Insanitarium:
    Again, used the express pass because did this one after the rollercoasters and transformers. Liked the theme in this one because I’m a huge fan of asylums, haunted hospitals etc… I did, however, have a friend in the group who doesn’t get scared so much (a bit of a tough guy), so that took some of the effect away when he took over to be in front… i was walking too slow. haha. Freakiest rooms? crazy laughing girl room, toilet/bathtub/sink room and padded room.
    Chinatown:
    Not the biggest fan of this one due to the fact that we were herded through like cattle and some of the scares didn’t work because they were foreseen with groups in front. Did get a few scares from some of the actors who were behind walls/barrels etc. Freakiest scare actor was the little girl with the doll plus there was one who jumped out and ran past my line.
    Scare zones…
    HATED the Bizarre Bazaar. It was like Petaling Street on a bad night. Hot, crowded and really couldn’t see very much. Also for some reason, the mummy line was REALLY LONG… express was like 20-30mins… so we didn’t go in.
    Total Lockdown was good. Had some good freaks with people jumping out at us etc. Felt like there weren’t enough scare actors though.
    Favourite was the puppetmaster area. Took a lot of photos here because of the great detail etc. Wish I could have gone through this section when it was emptier, but my group was already pretty tired by 11pm. Photo with puppetmaster was good… because I knew the guy, so I could have a bit of fun trying to get him out of character – which to his credit, he didn’t. haha.
    All in all, a fun night! Will try to go back for next year’s and perhaps arrange the RIP tour for that one to really make the most out of it.

• Dejiki October 31, 2012 at 2:09 pm #

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the great write-up! Glad to hear you had fun.

For Dungeon of Damnation, did you manage to see the “jumping” and “gliding” scare actors? What about the room with moving walls?

I do agree with your thoughts on Bizarre Bazaar. It’s a difficult zone to execute because there are interesting things to see and most guests would stall to take photos. Maybe if the park wants to attempt something similar next year, they would use the entire of the Egypt zone (instead of just 1/3 of the main path)

• Marcus October 31, 2012 at 2:18 pm #

The jumping/gliding actor room (i assume it was the gargoyle cornered room) was empty the first time I did it. Then I saw the actor sitting on the ledge the second time around, but he didn’t jump. Him just being there already made me jump a bit. haha.
        The psychedelic moving walls room was good, but the colours were a bit offputting. also, there should have been one last scare right after the disorientation of being in that room to really get people falling over. 😉
        Maybe it’s just me, but the crowding and constant wanting to get photos takes the mood away from it all. I stopped even attempting to take photos cos I wanted to take in the experience (and I’m not a blogger either). And yes, it should have extended down the whole of Egypt to give it a bit more breathing room.
        I reckon they should do a “hidden” cannibal holocaust sort of themed scare zone in jurassic park. now that would be creepy.

• Dejiki October 31, 2012 at 2:28 pm #

The gliding scare actor is at the room with the Gargoyle. The jumping performer is actually at the room with a tree – what the actor that is he’ll dropdown suddenly (from the “tree”) and jump back up to his hiding spot. It’s easily missed because the performer has a long recovery time before each “attack”.

Oh no, I meant another room (before the one with the Gargoyle, if I’m not wrong) – where the two walls would suddenly move towards guests and “squash” them. But I do agree about the colours – it’s just crazy. Maybe something like red and orange streaks (to represent “flames”) would work well, at least it’s relevant to earlier rooms.

The cannibal idea sounds good. They really should do something there – at night it’s so dark and quite creepy with the right sounds – it’s a “jungle” after all.

• Marcus October 31, 2012 at 2:44 pm #

Ah ok. I didn’t notice the walls moving in. Or get the tree scare actor coming down (both times)… so the jump, glide and moving in were missed by me (sounds like a lot. haha). Also, the scare in the ice room was missed both times even though I was the first in the room the second time around and left a lot of time between me and the group in front (so the rooms were empty when I walked in). *shrug*

Yeah, I was thinking flame colours would have done better in that tube room. It was too out of sync with the rest of the house.

2. bagz October 31, 2012 at 4:33 pm #

Great event! I came from Indonesia to to attend HHN2,,,the hunted houses great but too many people walk together, so sometimes we already know when the actors come up. Maybe I should buy express pass next year,because the queue sooo long,,especially at insanitarium!
    Sometimes I surprised because the army man suddenly come near you haha

3. Joe November 5, 2012 at 7:36 pm #

Dejiki, love your quality reporting & photos, have to agree the level of detail in the event was staggering even though many people dismiss or overlook these things. This event competely blitzed our Fright Nights at Movieworld on the Gold Coast, on concept, detail & scares although I guessed that would be the case. I will be back next October without fail. Universal should give you a job!